Monday, December 26, 2005

"But my child, I still love you."

So, I was thinking, and i don't know why you died for me, why you blessed me with all I have, why you are with me through everything I little thing that I do. Yes sometimes i seem nice, and sometimes I do nice things. But i fail so many times.
"But my child, I still love you."
But i only sometimes serve others although I try so hard. And only sometimes - but rarely -do I live as Jesus Christ lived.
"But my child, I still love you."
But sometimes I am bitter, sometimes I get too angry, so angry and scream at the top of my lungs, and sometimes i cry for reasons i don't understand. And sometimes i am ignorant, rude, insensitive, and careless.
"But my child, I still love you."
But Lord, I am only human, and so extremely so, and sometimes i feel this responsibility of being a Christian is too large. Too huge for me to handle.
"But my child, I still love you."
But God, sometimes i don't appreciate the things you've given me, and sometimes i take you for granted. And sometimes i dislike your Will.
But my child, I still love you."
But you are so holy, so incredible, so breathtakingly beautiful, so perfect. And i am no where near perfect.
"But my child, I still love you."
I don't understand that. I don't always understand you, even though i try. And i don't think i'll ever truly understand you. And I love you for loving me, but even my love is inperfect. Oh Lord, I will try to serve you and live how you want me to live. But Lord if I continue to fail...
"My Child, I will always love you."

No comments: