Sunday, March 05, 2006

who wants to run away

Okay so i'm running away. i'm packing my car full of stuff i probably don't need and hitting the road, we're going to the coolestplaces that my little pink car can take me, to the coast, to the states, to mexico maybe. screw the suburbs, screw education, screw work. We'll just drive take the top off of my little toy care and fly. we'll go so far we won't remember how to get back. we'll drive and drive. We'll meet people along the way, meet Jesus along the way, stay in communes and homeless shelter, we'llbe homeless. we'll be free. We'll disciple and tell our stories and we'll be content. We will love every second of it, and if the car dies then we'll sell it to a sheet metal place and we'll hitchhike the rest. doesn't this sound awesome? doesn't this sound like something you want to do? It does for me... sometmes.. but. right. i'm not that irresponsible... i never have been.. so i'll go to school, get my education, however small it might be... and with it.. i will serve. Praise the Lord i will serve. and then on my vacations- if i'll ever need one.. i will run away, for a short time... and then return.

3 comments:

Beth said...

amen

Unknown said...

My sister tried to run away once when she was little. She packed a lunch box or something and started running down the road but everyone was watching her and she didn't get far.

crooked girl said...

i want to run away. but obligation keeps me grounded.


for the time being.