Thursday, January 19, 2006


This is an entry i wrote in my journal on March 19th 2005 while in Romania.

This beautiful baby is Gabriella Lupan.

Last night baby Lupan died. I was happy she did, she was suffering much. Evertime I've seen her lately I've prayed for her life here to end. For her to go home, for her to leave this place of pain and suffering. I try to figure out why she was here - what purpose did she serve.
I learned many things from her. I learned - or relearned- that God's plan isn't always my own, and Ive learned to find peace in that. God is bigger than i am, and his plan should be bigger too. Praise God. It feels strange being happy for the death of a child. But she went home, and i'll see her again on renewed wings and a freeing spirit.
She'll be happier than a princess and more free than a bird.
She'll be singing with the angels, and her laughter will be heard.
resounding through the heavens, gliding through the clouds,
She'll be free at last, an escape from this sometimes cold world.
And so I thank you for taking her,
and for bringing her home.
Recieving her in your arms of love, and holding her close.
Although I dont' understand the whys and the hows, I know its all part of your precious plan. We did our part and you did yours. So thank you Lord for letting her precious heart touch mine and so many others. Thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Aaron Isaiah Huizenga said...

wow. your last few posts have been so thick with real thoughts and emotions. especially the last two, they stopped my mind from pushing forward into the day, and set a new pace for me.