Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Non-fictional fictional

Today my mind was frantic with many thoughts and ideas so i decided to go for a walk, to a place i often go, to clear my head. I bundeled up and began my journey. In just a few moments i reached my favourite thinking place, only to find a group of young women with similar intentions standing around. I didn't let this stop me and continued to walk a long the path. I recognized them but didn't know any of their names so i put my head down, hood up, and hands in my pocket and continued the walk. As I got nearer to the girls their conversations were heard clearly.
"Its just that i've never felt beautiful." said one girl. Feeling a little awkward at overhearing i kept my face down and picked up the pace a bit.
"Well i have never felt loved." said the another girl quickly.
"Well at least you don't always feel stupid." said another girl
I kept up my rapid pace to get by, but there were more girls then i had first expected.
"You guys have nothing to complain about." said another girl, "atleast you guys have desireable bodies, I've always been stuck with this." she finished
"Yeah, but at least you can work out, you can change your body. You can't change the type of hair on your head or the skin on your body." complained yet another girl.
I couldn't believe it, what kind of thing did i walk in on, was this some kind of help-group i thought? If it was where is the leader of the group I wondered. Their words continued and i couldn't believe them. Complaints about being too big, too small, small boobs, ugly legs, fat in places they didn't want fat. etc. I continued to walk and lifted my head to see that the small group of girls i thought i was walking through wasn't small at all. Instead i learned that i was surrounded by a huge mass of girls complaining about something about themselves.
"I've never felt validated." said one
"I've never known who i was." said another.
I couldn't take it, didn't these girls know that they were loved. I couldn't handle it. I turned to the girl beside me and said, "you are beautiful!" But she looked right through me as if she never heard my words. I tried again to the girl on my other side. "Don't you know that you are incredible." but again, no emotion, she was too busy complaining that she never even heard my voice. I couldn't handle this. My palms began to shake, my heart knotted itself, and tears began to well up in my eyes. "YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL" i yelled, but no heads turned, none even noticed i was there. This is too much i thought to myself, i must get out of here. I walked faster budding around one girl to the next, squeezing through, but the noise of their complaints grew too loud that it forced me to cup my ears just to get through. I began to run. I ran and ran. I ran as fast as i could, as if there were someone chasing me, someone right behind me that was going to take my life. But the noise just grew. I couldn't find the end to the mass of girls. I couldn't find a shelter from their complaints. I fell to my knees and screamed," LORD, REMIND THEM THEY ARE LOVED. JESUS, PROMISE THEM THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL." when those last words left my mouth there was a complete silence. A silence like i had never heard before. I lifted my head from the ground and franticly looked around, only to find that the whole time, it was only me with my thoughts.

2 comments:

.reva. said...

i LOVE you..




and we are beautiful.. everyone of us. no matter what anyone says.

and even if people think that we're not.. i'm glad that there's always One who will love us no matter what.

Beth said...

amen