Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wouldn't it be awesome to...

This is one of my craziest dreams, i've thought about it often, maybe unrealistic, but sometimes the most earth shaking are the ones that are unrealistic.
buy a diesel bus, convert it to grease, and go on a huge, change the world tour. Fill the bus with i
instruments, guitars, microphones, drums, keyboards. Fill it with art supplies, paints, sewing machines, and go spread God's love. Ohh Love labour could call before hand to city's and say yo, we're coming to your town, we can talk to your church about Romania, Rwanda, India, Malawi, Ghana, Minneopolis, Uxbridge. About God's love, serving people, helping people, living the every day adventure. We could ask for a meal and a place to sleep/shower.. if we found it neccessary. Just run away for like 6 weeks and be unrealistic, immauture, irrational, and irresponsible. To tell people that we need to do something in the world, and to show people how. Just through knitting, sewing, baking, canning, painting, photography, jewlry making, music making, glass blowing, welding, carving, dancing, documentary-ing, sculpting, ANYTHING-ing. just creating. and to sell those things, for charity. To truly start a revolution. a movement of love labourers. ohhh. it would be incredible. a crazy dream. I know. I need to make money like all of you. i can't afford to invest money into a bus... but wouldn't it be incredible? wouldn't it be remarkable? wouldn't it be life changing? To go on a journey to teach, serve, love, and share. A journey to meet Jesus in the alleys and in the "untalented." Wouldn't it be beautiful, wouldn't it be breathtaking, wouldn't it be amazing.....
who is with me.

8 comments:

.reva. said...

i'm so in.

crooked girl said...

cait-

i have often had crazy unrealistic ideas before (like this one). but from my experience in those that i have actually *gone for*, it always ends up being something you never regret having done for a moment.

so this is my way of saying, not only am i in, but seriously, lets do it.

My Friends Call Me Syd. said...

money is nothing to worry about when you've got a dream.

I'm in.

ruthi said...

cait... we can do this... seriously... what do we have to hold us back? -- i'm so sick of nothing... lets do it!

Anonymous said...

Don't put it beyond reality. It's possible. That would be stokin. Ted

Anonymous said...

Don't put it beyond reality. It's possible. That would be stokin. Ted

Beth said...

I feel lately as if I have run away from reaching out of myself..out beyond the everyday connections that I wander through...I miss those breathless and terribly beautiful adventures that God will pull us away on where we only have Him alone to sustain us...this to me sounds like such and if you find yourself caught up in it, count me in.
honest.

Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »