Sunday, February 25, 2007

and so i weep

My soul is weeping tonight. Not for my life or the troubles i face, but for those around me.
I can't complain about my personal life, i have everything anyone could need. But it seems that so many around me are in or entering into a place of brokeness and fraility. Sometimes i wonder why i can't be happy, and content and satisfied, even with my own life, but i think i have come to realize that as long as there are people i can see around me that are hurting, as long as there are people around me who are broken, as long as their are people around me that are weeping, my soul too will weep. Maybe its just something about entering into a place of true community with other people, maybe its just something about true humaness and its need to try to help others who are crying out, maybe when I began entering into fellowship with Jesus I also began entering into the heart of God. But whatever the reason, my soul weeps. So Lord, i offer you my humble prayers, begging you to reveal, heal, and save....
I fear this seems like a soulless post, or a crazy evangangelical cry for more souls for Christ, really i'm just trying to write my heart out right now, and also ask for prayers. I don't want to post my prayer requests, but please, if you would like to pray with me you can e-mail me and i will gladly share my sorrows.
love Cait
caitlin.wood@hotmail.com

1 comment:

Ó Seasnáin said...

The tears are not in vain, and your post is far from crazy. But be careful about giving such personal information on the internet. Remember that anyone can access it, and they are certainly not all interested in prayer.