Monday, February 26, 2007

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. where there is hatred let me sow love, where there is injury let me sow pardon, where there is doubt let me sow faith, where there is despair let me give hope, where there is darkness let me give light, Where there is sadness let me give joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not try to be comforted but to comfort, not try to be understood but to understand, not try to be loved but to love. Because it is in giving that we receive, it is in forgiving that we are forgiven, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

-St. Francis of Assissi

1 comment:

ruthi said...

cait - i was walking this morning. and feeling doubtful (more often than not). and i thought, if i were to share these feelings with some wise people, they would probably suggest i root myself in classic writings and prayers of the faith. or something like that. so i tried in vain as i walked to remember the prayer of st.francis, because that seemed a good place to start. and i couldn't think of it.
this afternoon, as i sit between classes doing homework, i took a break (one of many) and thought i would check out your blog. and there was the prayer of st.francis right at the top....
i just mentioned this to the chaplain as she asked me if i was doing homework or relaxing. she seemed to think it was a good sign. me too.
for whatever reason you posted that, thanks cait.
i love you. i miss you.